Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Interior Tuesdays: My Living Room

Back to the home tour! While I’m not done with my living room yet (is any room ever DONE? I mean really?) It’s my next favorite room in the house. This is the one I had planned before we even started house shopping. I’m so glad it worked out in the space we ended up with.

And believe me, it was hard to see it finished (even for me) when this is what we were faced with:

Yeah.

I’m almost positive my Grammy had that same carpet in her farmhouse in Rural Idaho. And the sparkly popcorn ceiling? No thanks.

Here’s what we did with it:

I wish I had a better camera…Or better lighting. But you get the idea.

The Sofa was an online find but is manufactured by Ashley Furniture. The rug is from Feizy, the coffee Table’s from IKEA, and the pillows are Pier 1. I’m wanting to replace the drapes and the floor lamps, but currently they’re both from Target.

Sigh.

The chairs and mirrored end table are all online purchases from Target, although I’m sure you can get them in store. The Frames are from years ago and I don’t remember where I got them.

So it’s kind of a different view, but this is the same wall. The white frames are from Pier 1 and I just inserted small squares of some coordinating scrapbook paper. The bookcase has been with me my entire married life and I still love it as much as I did back then. At the time West Elm was doing shelves like these, but being still in college, I couldn’t afford their version. Thank you (once again) Target. They had this baby for half the price of a West Elm bookcase. You can see we’re overflowing it, but that’s just until I can find another bookcase I love as much.

So like I said, I’m not done. I’d love to add some more color to the space. At first I didn’t know what to do with the scalloped valances, so I just painted them the wall color to make them go away. But now I’m thinking of upholstering them. I want to make some drapes with some more pattern too. Here’s what I’m thinking fabric-wise:

Drapery 2

via

drapes 1

via

And I’d love to add more decorative pillows to the sofa, like this one:

pillow 1

  via

And these would really pop on those striped chairs. I’m lusting a little bit…

pillow 2

  via

 

But for now, this is how she stands. It’s so crazy to look back at those beginning pictures. I was so intimidated. I’m a commercial designer. I don’t do homes. So textiles and pattern are still somewhat exotic for me. And the lighting. Ooh the lighting. One day we’ll get rid of those nasty industrial sconces and add a pendant right over the coffee table.

See what I mean. Nothing is ever done!

Have some before and afters you’d like to share? Email me at kadiekinney@gmail.com!

5 comments:

  1. Love it. Looks exactly like the kind of style I'd put in my own house. Actually I kinda did, but with oranges and greens. Sounds weird, but I think it works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a gorgeous room. The wall color is beautiful, and you have excellent taste in furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so great. I need a little of that talent!
    Thanks for popping over to my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks amazing Kadie!! Now I need to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent quality curtains like Digital Printed Curtains, Embroidered Fabric Curtains, Jacquard Fabric Curtains, natural-floral-curtainwill be available.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...